Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Haircut

So a couple weeks ago I was sitting at the Sunday meeting and couldn't take my eyes off of my sister-in-law and niece's hair.

It is so unbelievably long! And because of this both of them do not take care of it. So after the meeting I announced to them that they were getting it chopped that evening.

The girls were actually pretty happy, however, it took quite a bit of debating with their mothers and father. I tried to use the argument that if we cut 10" we could donate it to locks of love. My mother-in-law wanted to know when I became so worried about community services. In the end Maggie had a "subtle difference".

Lexxie has wanted a hair cut since she could talk. Her father has never let her. So in her four years of life this was her first haircut. I pulled it into a ponytail and made the first huge cut. The pieces fell forward and I heard a belly deap gasp from the little girl on my stool.

I must say I was a little paniced. I didn't have time to do anything because the gasp followed with "I love it, I love it, I love it!". She has been flipping her hair ever since.

No comments: