Monday, January 29, 2007

Officially "Southern"

It dawned on me the other day and I still don't quite know how I feel about it.

When Mom and I would visit Jake we would always giggle when a certain brother in the congregation would comment or pray. Not because his comments were funny but because we couldn't understand a blasted word he was saying. It sounded like some foreign language that hadn't been established yet. I expected to hear my dad say it was from Star Trek or something.

Well the other night this same brother gave his first Bible highlights along with the closing prayer. Just before I said amen it dawned on me that I understood every single word he said through the course of the night.

Well at least it took me almost three years!

1 comment:

noahlicious said...

i'm actually commenting on your first post.

this morning has sucked so far but you made my day already.

love,

noah